"But a female dummy didn’t become a mandatory part of frontal crash tests until last year. For all this time, the average American guy stood for us all.
That may have had a substantial impact on women’s auto safety. If airbags are designed for the average male, they will strike most men in the upper chest, creating a cushion for their bodies and heads. Yet small women might hit the airbag chin first, snapping their heads back, potentially leading to serious neck and spinal injuries.
In some cases, according to tests with female mannequins, small women were almost three times as likely as their average male counterparts to be seriously injured or killed. A study of actual crashes by the University of Virginia’s Center for Applied Biomechanics found that women wearing seatbelts were 47 percent more likely to be seriously injured than males in similar accidents.”"
I really wish there were a single word that meant “disgusted and speechless but also not at all surprised”
i think ugh sums it up pretty well(via metronomeblue)
- nun: pastor, we are having trouble with the exorcism
- pastor: have you tried unblessing and blessing again ?
[A new Sailor Moon dub] has been a legend among voice actors for the last four or five years, studios have almost got it so many times … I got a random email in my inbox, and they said “There’s an anime show you might want to audition for” - they didn’t tell us what the title of the show was, they sent all the sites for the characters, and so I opened them up, and I’m like, “this must be a joke” … “Maybe it’s a spoof,” because it just said ‘Sailor Jupiter’, ‘Sailor Moon’, ‘Sailor Venus’ … because obviously they wouldn’t be so chill about sending this out. This is SAILOR MOON. So I ignored it, for like 2 days. … Maybe I thought, like, if it’s still in my inbox in 2 days, then it’s real, and I will record it. If not, I don’t want to get my hopes up.
And they said you can’t tell anyone … I wasn’t supposed to tell family I was auditioning, none of the voice actors could tell each other they were auditioning for it. … I showed up to record another project and Stephanie Sheh [new actress for Sailor Moon] was there, and I said “Oh my gosh, I’m gonna be super late to get to this… other… session… thing,” and she goes “Me too… um… where you going?” … “Yeah, uh, to… um… I mean, I really can’t talk about it…” and she’s like, “Oh my God, is it the thing, that we’re not supposed to know that we’re in and nobody can know??” and I was like [gasps] “You know about the THING! Oh my Gosh! Are you in the thing too??” She’s like, “I am! Are you- are you one of the things, in the thing?” I was like “YESSS. Thank God, I’m glad we understand each other.” … The first rule of Sailor Moon is don’t talk about the fact that you’re in Sailor Moon. They’ll kill you.
… Getting to walk around to other conventions and have people say, “Yeah, they’re re-dubbing Sailor Moon,” and I had to really work really hard on “No way! Is that… is that a show? … I thought they did that. Is that the one with the cats?”"
— Cherami Leigh on what it was like to be cast as Sailor Venus in Viz’s new dub of Sailor Moon. (AVCon 2014)
- fandom please I implore you all to talk about Dean Thomas more
- literally yelling for a red card during a Quidditch match
- painting a potter for president banner for his friend HOW CUTE
- offering to forge a signature so that same friend could go to the village with the rest of them
- actually he paints banners supporting Harry on two separate occasions four years apart
- is it weirder that he keeps doing that or that Harry keeps getting himself into situations where he requires banners
- good with a quill be still my beating heart the boy is an artist
- literally not giving a single fuck that their teacher was a “dangerous half-breed” because he respected the hell out of him as a person and educator
- IF YOU MEAN PROFESSOR LUPIN, HE WAS THE BEST WE EVER -
- and he grew up as a muggle so he had already been exposed to werewolf folklore and he had every excuse to be afraid or prejudiced and instead decided to judge him on a human level, even without the familiarity the trio etc. had to him
- standing up for that same teacher time and time again
- including to a ministry official who he just generally gave the sass to anyway
- never losing his faith in Harry even when his very best friend in the whole world and approximately 89% of the wizarding community basically thought the bloke was a nutjob
- convincing his best mate to join DA
there was a fair bit of an anti-dean sentiment in HBP best to ignore that then
- never having any animosity towards his friend for getting together with his ex-girlfriend so soon
- completely supporting and defending Harry while on the run because OBVIOUSLY why stop now after seven years of doing literally that at every single opportunity
- being completely bemused by but always kind towards Luna
- helping to dig the grave on the beach
- running out into the final battle without a fucking wand
- evidently winning one at some point
- everything to do with him and Seamus however you want to view their relationship but frankly I could do a whole other post on that
also I met Alfie once and he was so pretty
- dEAN THOMAS